- 1/2 cup sweet almond oil
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (solid, not fractionated)
- 1/4 cup beeswax pellets
- 3 tbsp non-nano zinc oxide
- 2 tbsp shea butter
- 1 tsp red raspberry seed oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- In a glass bowl, mix all ingredients except lavender essential oil.
- Place bowl over boiling water, creating a double boiler. Stir until all ingredients are melted.
- Remove from heat and allow mixture to cool, stirring occasionally. Stir in lavender essential oil.
- Apply before sun exposure, and reapply every two hours or as needed. Products with non-nano zinc oxide should not be rubbed in thoroughly but should be wiped on gently, leaving a filmy residue on the skin.
Note: This sun cream should not be expected to act in the same way as a chemical sunscreen. The shea butter, coconut oil, zinc oxide, and red raspberry seed oil have sun protection properties, but care should be taken to observe the skin frequently and reapply product as needed to prevent sun burn.