Soothing lavender, peppermint, and chamomile work gently with the aloe vera gel to soothe and calm sun-blistered skin. Coconut oil and shea butter moisturize and provide nutrients to skin, while the glycerin creates a smooth and easy spreading lotion.
- 2 oz coconut oil
- 2 oz shea butter
- 1 tbsp aloe vera gel
- 1 tsp glycerin
- 3 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops chamomile essential oil
- In a double boiler over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and shea butter. Blend well.
- Remove from heat; stir in remaining ingredients.
- Allow to come to room temperature (mixture will become solid).
- Using a hand blender, mix until texture is creamy. Add additional glycerin or aloe vera gel if you desire the texture to be softer.
- Store sunburn lotion at room temperature in desired glass container.